It has been one crazy year for the Moug family for sure. We have endured unexpected deaths, animal dramas, and a summer of fires of large scale magnitude. This summer's final fire, the Valley Fire, left our community with untold damage. Almost 2000 homes burned, 4 lives lost, and our community left reeling. I read somewhere that "those who survived the Valley Fire will forever measure their lives in two ways; their life before the fire and life after." There are days when I think I have finally put the horror of that day behind me and some days it comes creeping back in. While our home was spared the damage to our community and our spirits has been devastating. Don't get me wrong, we are on the road to recovery but I think it will be longer road that anyone hoped for.



Comments

Popular Posts